Okay, while your note to the teacher makes sense, it's less than diplomatic. Perfectly acceptable to post that stuff here, but some of your word choice is a little loaded from teacher perspective.

Judging by the teacher's response you have royally pissed her off. I should know, I seem to have a very special talent for pissing of the elem ed teachers.

The teacher will be on the defensive at the meeting, nothing to do about that now. I wouldn't expect to accomplish anything major at the meeting, just work on trying to get back in a positive light. Live to fight another day......

I have used the term: natural learning level. Anytime you can figure out which terms are "loaded" from the teacher perspective and eliminate them it's a good thing. I have trouble with this, but have come to find it makes a huge impact in whether or not you have success.
My first boss loved the fact that I had: "Uncommon common sense". I guess the lack of common common sense can be pretty problematic for me, especially in these school dealings. smile

When is the meeting? Good luck and tell us how it goes. If you can think of anything I can help you with, feel free to p.m.

Neato