Well, I certainly wouldn't focus on it, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if teacher brings it up, then you could say something like:

You know, I was really frustrated and I'm not the greatest at expressing myself through writing. I think that note could easily be interpreted to mean something that I didn't intend, sorry.

But, actually since you bring it up, I do have a question for you. What are the (insert grade) students expected to know at the end of this year and does my DS already know it?

Said non-threateningly in a very thoughtful ponderous way. Seriously, this is a valid question but should be lobbed as sincerely and respectfully as possible.

Than sit and wait for an answer. Do not speak until the teacher has responded. I don't care if she/he stares at you for five minutes.

The point is not even to get a workable answer from the teacher. The point is to get the teacher to really think about this. That would be a successful meeting. You regroup later and go from there.

If she/he fires off a list of things that are necessary that you child is supposedly not doing, write it down, don't address it, gracefully end the meeting and talk it out with DH.

Live to *fight* another day.

I wish you much luck and success Crisc

Last edited by incogneato; 01/15/09 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling, glasses are upstairs and I'm too lazy to retrieve them now!