Originally Posted by aquinas
There is no redeeming value--either in terms of musicality or content-- to the over-produced, hyper-sexualized tweenie-bopper genre. Let her be a trendsetter by developing her own unique style.

But but but but... what if that IS her style?

Originally Posted by FruityDragons
Among older (maybe 4th/5th grade, middle school, etc) kids, there is actually a subset of kids to whom Piano Guys are very much a thing.

Indeed. My DD10 has taken an opportunity to show Piano Guys to every kid who comes over for the last couple of years.

Which brings me to another point, because all of us old fuddy-duddies have to be careful not to overlook the social currency of YouTube. We have to treat it just like TV... there's a lot of inappropriate material, but as long as they stay within appropriate boundaries, they should be allowed to explore. My DD enjoys (and shares with her friends) song parodies (especially Minecraft ones), people playing Minecraft (especially this Tobuscus guy, who also does the aforementioned song parodies), fail videos, and kids filming themselves doing gymnastics.