Well, we've been on the Strattera for 5 weeks and I can't say that I can tell a difference. My husband thinks son is expressing his emotions more but that his behavior hasn't changed. We go back to the psychiatrist next week.

I haven't done much since I last posted here - I had knee surgery three weeks ago and have been recuperating from that and a nasty complication.

I did read part of a book titled "10 Steps to Help your Defiant Teen" (or something like that) by Russell Barkley that was recommended to me. It has a behavior modification program that we are considering. I don't know if it will work. I will start looking into a behavioral therapist soon.

Eldertree, thanks for the suggestions for accomodations ideas. I think my husband and I need to agree on the ADHD diagnosis before we approach the school.

He got in trouble today because he was supposed to be doing his homework and I got up to check on him and he was playing a game on his computer (he was supposed to be typing his HW). I had told him no games and then asked him twice if he was playing or working. He got in trouble for cheating and lying about the game playing so I told him he didn't get to go to baseball. Then, he went into a complete tailspin and the rest of the evening was miserable. I think I'd have been better off taking him to baseball and not having to put up with him.

To sum up: I'm still frustrated. I had high hopes for the Strattera.

What I am is good enough, if I would only be it openly. ~Carl Rogers