Hello,

I recently had my 11 year old son tested. His scores are below. We've also been seeing a psychiatrist for behavioral problems that only occur at home. Son has been diagnosed with ODD (treated with Prozac) and ADHD (not yet treated). He is grade-skipped so in the 7th grade. I'm not sure about my question - I've read and reread the chapters in Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis at least three times but I'm so confused. He seems unmotivated, lazy, off-task, no sense of time, can't give up "now" for what will benefit him later (stop playing and put on your baseball uniform so we can go to your game). The doctor said to me at our last appointment that I am being son's "frontal lobe". My husband, for some reason, is opposed to ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Son also has Pragmatic Language Disorder (Social Language) for which he recieves speech therapy at school (which he hates). I'm at my wit's end with how to get him through the morning and evening routines and get HW and music practice done. The teachers report that he is somewhat immature but overall doing well, is helpful, is organized (he was selected as section leader in the 8th grade band, hah!), is polite, etc. Wish they'd send that kid home. I guess I'm wondering if the low (relatively) processing speed and working memory could cause the problems instead of ADHD or if they indicate anything or if they could make the ADHD worse?? He's in a school where he is in gifted classes in all subjects but Language Arts. The school feels he is too immature to grasp the complexities of the LA reading/writing. I'm not willing to argue with them about it right now but I think he should be in the gifted class for that as well. The tester was astonished that he was not in that gifted class.

Any thoughts, comments, questions, answers?
Thanks.
WISC-IV
Verbal Comprehension Index 152 >99.9
Similarities 18 99.6
Vocabulary 19 99.9
Comprehension 19 99.9
Perceptual Reasoning 127 96
Block Design 17 99
Picture Concepts 12 75
Matrix Reasoning 14 91
Working Memory 123 94
Digit Span 15 95
Letter-Number Sequencing 13 84
Processing Speed 118 88
Coding 11 63
Symbol Search 15 95

WIAT-II
Reading Composite 139
Word Reading 129 97 >19:11 >12.9 (in all subtests)
Reading Comprehension 140 99.6
Pseudoword Decoding 114 82
Math Composite 160
Numerical Operations 158 >99.9
Math Reasoning 145 99.9
Oral Language Composite 160
Spelling 128 97
Listening Comprehension 134 99
Oral Expression 160 >99.9