Originally Posted by eldertree
If the only thing keeping him from taking an advanced class is homework (as opposed to ability) then yes, the advanced class with accommodations would likely be a good plan. A couple of accommodation options: assign all of his homework for the week on Monday (to be due the following Monday); homework only required to show mastery (rather than the things designed to reinforce concepts); acceptance of late work; projects broken into smaller pieces or smaller pieces put together into one large project (I've had kids who do better each way)...I'm sure you could come up with more but those are off the top of my head.

Good ideas. As to the homework and activities issue, I guess I need to rethink the plan. We usually don't schedule two activites the same night but his scout troop changed their meeting night and so there wasn't much we could do. I think, too, that right now the Strattera is making him very tired - yesterday he fell asleep at 5:15 and I started waking him up at 6 so he could go to his baseball game. It took him 30 minutes to fully wake up. I'm hoping that's a side effect that will go away.

All of your posts are giving me things to think about. Thanks.

What I am is good enough, if I would only be it openly. ~Carl Rogers