Thanks, DeeDee. I did ask about the cancellation list and was told that there are already "multiple people" on it but there's a chance we could get something sooner. I did call one children's hospital but was told that they don't deal much with higher IQ kids, mostly with lower end. There's another children's hospital, though, that I just remembered that I should call.

I'm holding off on the behavioral therapist because I have to have knee surgery and need to focus on getting ready for that and then recovering.

The dr. did talk about using a mood-stabilizer or an SSRI but son is already taking Prozac for ODD so he thought the combination might be helpful, with the goal of getting off the Prozac at some point.

And, Amy, you're exactly right - not medicating the ASD per se but medicating the behaviors.

At least hubby agreed to try the medication. I truly don't understand why he was resistant. He did tell the dr that "son is so much like me that it doesn't really bother me that much" and "I just want the two of them to stop fighting". Neither of which made me feel very supported but that's another story (he's probably both ADHD and Asperger, if you get right down to it).

One hard part is that the Strattera takes 4 - 6 weeks to kick in so that'll be hard on my patience. At least, we're doing something, though, and it's not permanent and there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.

What I am is good enough, if I would only be it openly. ~Carl Rogers