Originally Posted by petunia
And, in the next episode, I sent the report to the GT coordinator at the school yesterday and she called this morning saying that they want to move him to the GT English class ASAP. Hmmm. I'm not sure about the ADHD diagnosis yet but maybe it's time to bring that up and ask for accommodations/modifications because the GT class does have more homework. We could always change it later if the diagnosis doesn't stick. Hmmmmm...

If the only thing keeping him from taking an advanced class is homework (as opposed to ability) then yes, the advanced class with accommodations would likely be a good plan. A couple of accommodation options: assign all of his homework for the week on Monday (to be due the following Monday); homework only required to show mastery (rather than the things designed to reinforce concepts); acceptance of late work; projects broken into smaller pieces or smaller pieces put together into one large project (I've had kids who do better each way)...I'm sure you could come up with more but those are off the top of my head.

"I love it when you two impersonate earthlings."