Yes, on what StPauliGirl said: perhaps going directly to the district GT people might be worth a try. The only drawback I'd see with that would be the possibility of alienating the school if they feel like you're going over their heads. I might talk with the teacher you like first if you are going to speak to the district and tell her that you plan to do so just so you can get more info on what they have to offer as your dd as she progresses through school or something like that where it doesn't sound like you are heading to the district to complain.

Secondly, re 1111's post, I have two thoughts. I do think that achievement scores are more familiar to schools, but they are also more subject to inflation in kids who've done outside tutoring or things of the sort and there is the possibility that the school may again interpret high numbers as a result of your working with her, even if that isn't the case, and it doesn't sound like it is wink.

My other thought in regard to achievement tests is to consider which one you want to do if you go that route. They are generally significantly less expensive than IQ testing, which is good, and tests like the WJ, like 1111 mentions, will get her those DYS numbers if they come out high, which sounds like a good possibility given her IQ #s. OTOH, the WJ isn't a test used by schools usually and it might mean more to them to see apples compared to apples. I'd consider looking @ what tests they use: MAPS, DRA, ITBS, etc. and see if there is a way to get her tested on one of those or even an above level one if you are considering something like the ITBS.

The other thing with short tests like the WJ, and I know that I've said this before on this board, is that they don't always give the best estimation of the child's level in regard to where s/he needs to be placed. I've seen some wildly high numbers on them, even in my own kids, that really didn't reflect the placement needs. One of my girls was ready for PhD level work (grade equivalent 18+) as a very young 7 y/o 2nd grader if I took the reading/writing parts of her WJ-III at face value. Honestly, she's a fantastic reader and writer and would have done well with a couple grades of acceleration at that point (probably could have held her own in a 5th grade language arts class), but there was absolutely no way she needed post-graduate level work in that area despite those scores. My take away is to take scores on WJ and WIAT type of tests with a bit of a grain of salt: really high #s mean that the child is quite advanced in that area, but they may come out higher than would reflect true educational placement needs.