I had a meeting yesterday with N***, and the principal. Didn't go that well and I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering how I can't seem to get appropriate help for my older dd in the form of remediation. I just thought since they do have the G&T program at their school that they might be a bit more proactive and understanding to my plight. But ultimately they just sort of 'house' the program for the district along with a few other schools and I don't think they really have a say in the program and how it's funded/run, etc... and are no more educated when it comes to gifted children than any other regular public school in the country.

When a principal starts out with "it's not that we don't believe you" it can never be good. And she seems to think a high IQ score can be achieved by doing workbooks or overhearing lessons with older dd. I thought I would get somewhere when N*** suggested I email her the report from the psychologist. Sent the report to her and CC'ed the principal along with asking for suggestions on how we can differentiate for my dd in the classroom since they don't believe in accelerating. N***'s reply via email was "Thanks for the information. Let's keep in touch." What is that supposed to mean?

So at this point I'm gonna just keep working with the teacher who I love more and more each day) and take things as they come. I think she is my best partner until the G&T program starts next year.

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 08/15/12 07:40 AM.