@Master of None

Lots of good info and ideas! You are right that it is important to listen, apparently I haven't been doing that. She had mentioned the grade skip prior to wisc testing and I, honestly, didn't take her seriously b/c I just didn't see her as that gifted. I'm feeling bad about that now. I'm definitely going to listen more and ask her some of the questions you suggested to get a feel for why she feels that way.

Since school has restarted I did ask her why she doesn't want to go and she mostly says it's too long, her words "It's 7 hours mom!" and then at times she will say it's not interesting or she says she'd rather be at her desk more than circle time. She says she wants to do more art. She also said that she would like to do a report and her topic would be on how dvds are made with tiny little bumps that are smaller than the tip of a hair. LOL She said she asked her teacher if she could do a report and the teacher said not yet. The fact that she asked is huge b/c she is shy and slow to warm up to new people. So I'm proud of her effort.

I'm still waiting to her back from the psychologist about the raw scores before scheduling a meeting. But I'm wondering if knowing how far above 19 she went on those subtests even really matter for that meeting. Will they even understand what that means, heck, I'm not sure I even understand completely what hitting the ceiling means. But I would like to know what was her limit for each subtest.

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 08/14/12 08:01 AM.