First off, take a deep breath; there is no need to panic. smile Your kiddo is still the same delightful, bright, sometimes explosive child she was before these numbers. You just have some more data that will help you in planning your kiddo's education. Second, when you have time, apply to DYS. Third, random thoughts:

Your story is similar to my kiddo's. Have you considered skipping first grade altogether? With scores as high as your DD's, even if they allowed her to go up one subject, it may not be enough, and it certainly won't be enough for her when she's bsack with the rest of the 1st graders for the rest of the day. We found that even skipping first wasn't quite enough, because our kiddo learned faster and still needed differentiation. It was easier for the 2nd grade teachers to differentiate.

I would contact the school. We had luck contacing the gifted coordinator and the school psychologist, because they understood how out there the numbers were. The school then did further testing on their own, including achievement testing. It took them seeing our son's MAP results to believe he was out there and needed to skip 1st. Tests like MAP are great because the school can compare your kiddo's scores with similar kids and hopefully place her with kids at her level.

Check out the Iowa Acceleration Scale, and ask the school if they use that. It has several objective sections to determine if a skip is appropriate.

I have to go now, but I'll try to check back with more resources.... good luck! And be prepared for a lot of advocacy. Try to remember to keep the school on your side - this is a team effort.

ETA - I'll let those more knowledgeable about testing answer your other questions. IBut think you are lucky you found a tester who figured out how to work with your kiddo!

Last edited by st pauli girl; 08/10/12 08:52 AM.