You sound like you followed my daughter around when she was 6 and wrote about her... lol... they're SO much alike.

Good for you for getting her tested. I didn't - my own gifted experience resulted in childhood isolation (I was never accelerated or placed in a gifted program) - so instead I tried to "normalize" my daughter (enrolled her in sports, arts, etc). Not to say that this was totally bad - being well rounded never hurts a person - but by the time she got to school she'd mastered the "chameleon" strategy of hiding her gifts (except for math - she can't resist - she adores it too much smile ) Meanwhile I heard over and over and over again (and again, lol) from her teachers that she had trouble focusing, trouble paying attention, trouble finishing her work, etc etc. Head in the clouds, needs constant reminders, on and on. She's in French Immersion at least so it wasn't a total cakewalk - she has to at least pay attention to that.

Anyway, I think you're off to a great start. Don't panic. Speaking as a HG person myself, the most important thing you can provide for her (which my parents provided for me) is unconditional love and support smile Am I as far ahead in life as I would have been if I'd been accelerated? No. Have I reached my full potential? No. Am I well adjusted and happy? Yes.

Carry on with your efforts - but take a moment to relax and calm the worry. It'll all be fine. You'll see smile