2giftgirls, your dd is a wonderful girl and you of course like and love her -you're frustrated with the situation, not frustrated with who she is.

I couldn't remember the details of yr dd's testing and why you picked this specific program, so I took a quick look back through your old posts. A few things stand out in what I had time to look at, so I'll offer that up as food for thought - they might be irrelevant or might be worth thinking about.

Did dds testing definitively rule out ADHD? I noticed that y mentioned there is a history of ADHD in your dh's family. If there's still any sliver of a doubt that she's for sure not ADHD do you think that might be making it exta difficult for her to pay attention in class?

Butter's iq testing had a significant dip in the coding subtest and the psych noted that it would impact handwriting. We had a brief post-discussion where it sounded like had has many of the same symptoms of dysgraphia that my dysgraphic ds had at the same age, and he also had behavioral problems in his classroom prior to accommodations - but it was tricky - the behavioral symptoms didn't have an obvious connection to dysgraphia. Have you been able to move had to keyboarding yet? Is there a chance that her dysgraphia may be impacting her in this class? Is it possible that it could be *indirectly* impacting her? I've noticed with my ds that teaches who either don't know about his dysgraphia or don't fully understand it sometimes form an opinion of his overall abilities based on the speed and quality of his handwriting rather than his true intellectual abilities. That combined with Butter being frustrated over handwriting could combine into a difficult situation for Butter to handle.

I'll also offer up an experience from my childhood. I think most of us here have also been in the situation in our own education of occasionally being bored in class. For me, that led to developing a bad habit of daydreaming which I had to fight like crazy once I got to college and into the working world - if Butter is bored now, just wait until she has to sit through a never-ending meeting at work smile. The anecdote I wanted to mention though isn't about me - it's about a boy I grew up with in my. Grade. He and his parents believed he aas PH. I don't know if he was or if he wasn't, and I don't know my own IQ so I have no realistic frame of reference. I know he was smart and we were both tracked in our schools gifted program starting in elementary school. Many of us found some teachers and some parts of school occasionally boring, but we came to school and paid attention or at least tried to look like we paid attention. We were bored now and then, but we also knew that it was still important to pay attention to the teacher. this one boy who thought he was smarter than the rest of us felt he didn't need to pay attention, so he instead brought a book with him and read every day. he'd occasionally talk abo it something that sounded intelligent but off-topic. I never paid much attention to him and neither did the rest of the kids because he seemed arrogant and not interested in us. Some of our teachers acceptede him for who he wa, others tried to get him to pay attention and do the class work. The reason I mention him here is - by the time we got to middle and high school, he was no longer in the honors courses and the AP courses, and it wasnt because he'd been radically accelerated, it was because he hadn't made the grades he needed to make to get there, which was too bad -because by the time we got to middle and high school and our group of gifted kids was truly able to accelerate and had access to gifted accelerated programming and classes of like peers, school was much more interesting and fun. Nne of which may have mattered in the long run - we've both had successful and happy lives -but I don't think his school experience in childhood was positive due in part to his attitude.

I hope none of that sounded harsh or critical, I'm sincerely trying to offere up some helpful advice.

Best wishes,

polarbear