FWIW I agree with everything DeeDee said. We all run into teachers every now and then who are "the problem" (even nd kids have teachers here and there that don't engage them), but anytime you have feedback about behavior from the teacher it is worth trying to understand it from the teachers perspective. When you have more than one teacher/adult group leader giving you the same feedback it's most likely not somethng coming out of left field due to the teacher being the "problem".

It's also really easy as the parent of HG/EG kids to jump straight to "bored" and "quirky" as the reason our kids are perceived to have behavior challenges or other issues at school and elsewhere. Sometimes that is the issue, but sometimes in jumping into assuming that we miss what's really going on.

Also re the nail coloring - if your dd likes to fidget while she listens, that's something that I would think should be acceptable - our kids' schools have no problem with letting kids hold a squishy ball, things Iike that while listening. They probably wouldn't let a child color her nails - while it might not be a problem for *your* child it would cause a huge distraction for my child who is trying to listen -she'd see the coloring, would want to do that too, she'd know that she can't because the teacher doesn't let want kids to color their nails during class... And pretty soon she would be missing a ton of what the teacher was talking about because she's focusing on your dd. My guess is that's one piece of what's up with the teacher not wanting your dd to color her nails.

Re you'd dd behaving ok at home - remember that at home she's in her environment, she's comfy, she's got attention, shes secure and feels loved and perhaps feels in control. many of our kids will display different behaviors at school than at home.

Best wishes,

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 02/22/12 11:15 AM. Reason: I'm iPad inept!