I feel like I can't say ANYTHING about what Butter is doing, in or out of academics, without people taking it the wrong way. I have no idea what is actually "average" or "normal". Each time I think I do, I usually get a cold slap of reality. Additionally, Butter isn't one of those high acheivers or work producers and few people I know IRL "get it" at all. It's actually quite sad and lonely for me, though I've been able to shelter her from most of it so far...

Like...this is NOT a brag, but a true questioning as a person who didn't get their hands on musical instruments until 8th grade...Butter got her violin just before holiday break and only had ONE class session with it. Mr Mo teaches at about 5 schools in our district and said the group at Butter's school is his most advanced group (mostly 4th graders and up) and most of them do not take outside lessons. I only ask her to practice about 15-20 min a day. When we came back from break, Mr Mo says she is right on track with everyone else. Now, she is not playing any Mozart or anything, but would you call that "average"? That seems not average to me...

The worst is Girl Scouts, where I feel she is under a magnifying glass by my supposed "co-leaders" who mostly don't understand her unique way of looking at the world and think she is "acting superior" or like she is too good to do things like everyone else *sigh*

SOmetimes I wish I had a cloak of invisibility for her frown

I should be able to brag about her some, be proud of her and mention her accomplishments without others thinking I am insulting them or comparing her to their kids...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...