This blog pushed all of my buttons. Not only am I frustrated with people like this, but I'm downright pissed. Would you EVER talk that way about a parent who was relaying their experiences with a child on the other end of the spectrum?

I continually have to monitor any comment about my kids. We live in a small town and anything different is seen as suspect.

Why shouldn't I be able to share the milestones of my children's lives just because they're gifted?

It's very frustrating and isolating to not talk about or share the ups and downs of raising gifted children. I limit my discussions of DD & DS's achievements to other parents who have gifted children. Luckily, I can talk to my parents as while I was TAG my sister is off the charts HG, so they do get it. But my in-laws don't and most of my dh's family are educators! It becomes a competition because the favorite grandchild is capable of being a high achiever (not sure about gifted) but he's lazy. So any mention of what's going on with our kids - DD attends a private prep school and DS skipped 6th grade - is met with disbelief and derision.

Last edited by Agent99; 02/03/12 12:21 PM.