Sigh. The saga continues. The only way D can take the other section of English is to drop French V next quarter. She could self study in French (she already has a tutor, and will have a free block). So we are trying to decide whether this is worth doing. I am leaning toward it... she will still take AP French next year. She is not enjoying French class anyway this year. I feel like I would have a MUCH happier kid if she self studied French and had a different section of English class. So the last piece of the puzzle is to talk with the tutor about this plan (she is out at a conference for a few days).

Then... I get an email from the principal tonight telling me what a TERRIBLE idea this is. How D is "leaving a difficult situation without working through it with the teacher". Uh... this is the teacher who didn't want to work with D or me one bit last semester on this issue. Also he is worried about how a midyear schedule change will need to be explained to colleges (seems easy to me, she switched to a section with more in depth discussion and option for some more rigorous assignments). I sort of wonder if he is worried that we will spill the beans to colleges about the awful quality of the 11th grade English class at this school...which probably won't happen, as D keep a positive spin on it in her application.