Just when I thought I could not get any angrier with the school and the principal over this... I emailed him today and asked him for an explanation for not contacting our Davidson consultant. Specifically, I asked why he had not kept his word, and said it appeared to me that either he could not be bothered or that he had intentionally waited so he would not talk to her until after it was too late to register D for the AP class. I also told him about her PSAT scores (in case he didn't know), and suggested that there is a sexist result to their non-differentiation policy (even if it is not intentional). I can name four boys who have received acceleration in math beyond the honors math track (and at least they have an honors track) just in her grade of 50 kids alone if there is any question about this. I also told him we are discussing options for a school change for her.

He replied that he has now left our DYS person a voice mail, and that "...while I know you feel the time pressure to enroll in an online course, my decision process is not contingent on that timetable and I do not anticipate any change to the decision I shared with you and 'D' before break." Wow. Just...wow.

D is mulling over the school change idea, but is wary of a change at mid-year. But she is also very unhappy with his response.

A further complication: as principal, he will have to write her recommendation as a National Merit Scholar. AND, shortly before break, he asked her to help him with a history research project (something personal, he had asked a teacher for advice on a student who could help him, and the teacher had recommneded D). So now she is stuck with this project she is supposed to do for him. I told her that she better complete it, as he will be writing that recommendation if she stays. She is, to say the least, not inclined to help him.

Once again, arrggghhh! What is wrong with these people?