I am absolutely furious today. The principal never called our DYS family consultant. She emailed me yesterday saying she was leaving a bit early, hadn't ever heard from him. I sent him one more email letting him know that. Never heard back from him, and when she left at mid-afternoon she emailed to let me know she never heard from him. The Davidson office is closed next week, so he now can't talk to them. He said he would call when I asked him to ("Of course" were his exact words), he got the email last Friday from her (over a week ago), I reminded him mid-week (and he said "I will contact her"). And he didn't do it. He was in the office for four days and school was not in session this week... how did he not get this done?!?

D has not asked about the outcome (she is at her dad's this week, but we do email). I expect she will ask today via email or when she gets home tonight. She is no dummy (ha! This group surely appreciates that!). She will know that no answer means no hope that she will get to take the AP class.

I will keep this low key (and a little positive spin, maybe he is still considering allowing her to change teachers). But I have moved from "don't want D to change schools for her senior year" to looking at other education options for her next year. I will take D's lead (in fact, will probably wait until she suggests it before bringing it up), but I am checking on her options at other schools, our state's PSEO (college class) program, and even Davidson Academy (I think the deadline for residential applications was Dec 1, but since she has been very successful at THINK and they know about this issue, maybe they would still consider her).

Unless something new comes from him today (very unlikely), I am going to set it aside and not stew about it for obvious reasons until Monday.