An update... D (mumbling under her breath in protest) completed the history research project for the principal and emailed her results. I was proud of her for taking the high road and keeping her word.

A couple of days after school started after the break, he emailed and said he was not going to let D out of the class (a "required" class in a "required sequence"). He had talked to our DYS consultant, but only to ask about D's THINK experience (apparently he had NO interest in the topic of accleration research or what other schools do to help students who need something additional beyond the normal classroom offerings).

I emailed him back and asked if he could at least let her move to the other teacher's section (only of small benefit, as the curriculum is the same... but I think the teacher does at least keep the classroom discussions moving). I guess I finally wore him down, because he agreed to a schedule change for her. However, we need to work out the details next week, and it may be hard to accomplish because they are a small school with only a few sections of the honors classes they do offer.

So... a very small concession on the part of the school was achieved.

Last edited by intparent; 01/06/12 07:11 PM.