I spent over an hour in his office last week (after he turned down D's request). He agreed to reconsider. He already had the specific syllabus for the class D wants to take, and I sent along the college board course description after we met. He also agreed to talk with our DYS Family Consultant. She emailed him Monday morning, but she had not heard back from him by end of day yesterday. I sent her the PSAT info so she could bring this into her conversation with him.

I don't think any more calling or going to his office is going to make a difference. frown

I was talking with my mom yesterday, and she was at a funeral this weekend where she ran into an acquaintance of ours who is the assistant director of admissions at that private school across town (the one with the horrible commute for us). D has a friend at that school who is also PG (they met through a CTY website for gifted kids); when my mom mentioned the friend's name, the woman at this school said: "Oh, she has outstripped all the English curriculum we have. She is doing independent study with one of our English teachers this year because she is beyond what we offer in the regular classroom.". Just kicking myself for not seeing this coming this year and making a switch to that school at the beginning of the year.