Originally Posted by intparent
I am absolutely furious today. The principal never called our DYS family consultant.

That is your answer. The principal clearly has an appendage issue. Its a shame the other girls in the past and to date have clearly suffered as a result.

You can stand on his desk with a burdizzo or move your DD.

And then send him a letter from your lawyer with a CC to the BOD stating that you moved for cause, why you moved, what the anecdotal survey of the other young women has said, and then let the chips fall where they may.

I'd also follow up with a demand letter for a refund of tuition to this date and a change in the lit program as well - or you will sue for damages.

It would not be a good thing for people to find out a private school is run by a sexist pig.

Originally Posted by Dude
I had AP English all four years of high school, and fast-paced it was not. The only part that seemed fast was when you had to keep up with nightly reading assignments,

I had AP Humanities the last year and Honors Humanities the 11th grade. It was fast paced. We covered the normal AP English and a lot of history. It was a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by Val
Arrggghhh.....

The abilities of schools to destroy enthusiasm for learning never ceases to amaze me. The Simpsons? Seriously?

DOH!

Oh, she hates French. And aspires to never take it again once she graduates from high school. So AP French is an opportunity to place out of college French, since most of the LACs she is looking at have a language requirement for graduation. smile

Ahh, that is just wrong. The Normans (and the Romans) had a huge influence on English long before 1066. English has German roots so most of its Old English words end in harsh consonants. The French (and Roman) influence softened English by giving it words with soft and long dipthongs and tripthongs. We would not have had Byron nor Yeats nor Houseman nor Shakespeare without the the French.

Originally Posted by Val
Arrggghhh.....

The abilities of schools to destroy enthusiasm for learning never ceases to amaze me. The Simpsons? Seriously?

DOH!