DD also has access to various educational sites for school--she has a username and so on. They are almost worse than useless, IMO. Partly because they're too easy and she has to complete the grade-level stuff to advance, but really--slow, buggy, menh. The reading texts are dull as dishwater and the comprehension questions are classic regurgitation.

Again, I do think there is some great stuff out there, but there is also SO much stuff that is kind of substandard and is also laden with ads. We accept it and even encourage it because it's fun and colorful and the kids enjoy it. But great educational content? I haven't seen all that much of it. Some, but it's a small percentage. You're welcome to prove me wrong. I'd actually like to have some better sites for DD to go to. We like some Nat Geo and Discovery content, freerice, some of the cool animal and bird sites. I do agree that learning to program is great and that some of the creative enablers (video software, etc) are great tools. OI just downloaded Scratch because that also seems like a great one.

Last edited by ultramarina; 01/11/12 09:46 AM.