Hi Grinity:

The anxiety basically disappeared when her learning environment improved. She is her happy-go-lucky old self and everyone is just delighted to be working with her. She is still working below grade level in both reading and writing so I don't think there is any question about the existence of significant learning disabilities. She is steadily improving and does really well with one-on-one attention so I guess I don't mind if she still isn't showing them all she is capable of doing. I think it's better to make small, incremental progress starting from the basics than risk missing some piece of the puzzle.

They are finally bringing in some OT help, which is how all of this started. We have also decided that we need to get a neuropsych eval so we can be really, truly certain of what she needs. It is a big relief to have a school that believes in her, understands that she has some significant issues to overcome and is actually eager to try to meet her needs. I don't know what the future will hold but for now I hope we are meeting her needs.