Am I right in understanding that the special ed teacher currently assigned is NOT OG-trained? (Let alone the student teacher...)

If so, I think you go back to the principal and nicely say that most things are going very well (and thanks for the great teacher placement and so on) but that you are concerned about your DD's reading instruction. Appropriate instruction for a dyslexic usually means a highly-trained OG teacher.

If they can't manage to reassign the qualified teacher to your DD, they need to hire someone qualified. If they really are resistant, say the words "free, appropriate, public education" (FAPE)-- it's the legal acronym that means your DD is entitled to have her actual needs met. You might do a little reading on Wrightslaw to give you confidence.

I'm glad all else is going swimmingly. Because of that, I suggest you look at this as a solvable problem, because it will encourage the school to do the same. If they say "impossible," keep asking for "appropriate"-- you may want to have scientific literature on hand that backs up the need for OG, which shouldn't be hard to find.

If they still say "impossible," perhaps you might talk to a special ed advocate as your next step?

DeeDee