Wow. There must be some kind of judgment demon haunting this thread. I like this forum because the level of discussion is usually pretty much head and shoulders above any other public forum I've found on the web. So I've been pretty surprised by what I've read here.

One person wrote an opinion, which others appeared to take as a opportunity to get offended rather than debating civilly like grownups. She tried to qualify what she said, but this didn't have much of an impact for a while. One person (who I would normally expect a lot more from) even announced that we aren't allowed to state our opinions here. We can only talk about our experiences. Oh, okay. Nice.

I feel like I've been watching a bunch of mean popular girls pick at another girl who wears glasses and unstylish clothes. This is not my opinion. I am only reporting on my experience.

Now we have absolutist blanket statements about a couple different things, like all community colleges are at best as good as high school AP courses. Nice.

I'm sorry I started this thread. The saddest thing of all is that I did it because the one who was getting picked on asked me to because she was looking for alternatives for her child when s/he finishes high school and she was hoping my ideas might be a good starter catalyst. So much for that idea.

Last edited by Val; 05/16/11 12:06 PM. Reason: Clarity