Originally Posted by anonymous
[quote=hip]
First, my son is a perfectionist. �If he has trouble at the beginning of a learning process, he still, at age 11, tends to give up. �I don't let him. [quote=hip]�
RE:
I agree that can be a huge problem and it is one of the reasons we decided to allow our child to radically accelerate. No matter how how well meaning parental pushing and badgering is not an adequate substitute for a sufficiently challenging curriculum and educational environment. ��

Well Hippy I can see why you might take this as personally insulting since, well, it was personally addressed to. �I wonder what happened to old Jane Smith?
You should have seen the insults they gave me on another forum. �They made me cry. They presented themselves as the kindest, gentlest, most intelligent mothers but the way they treated me was reproachable. � I wish I could show how blatantly nasty they were to me, but that forum removed those threads to protect their company's image. �I thought it was on a level with cyber-bullying. �I googled and cyber bullying was something else entirely. �What it turned out those gentle ladies of that forum had actually done to me was a form of workplace bullying.
I'm saying this to say I hope nobody here feels like I felt when they did that to me.

What we have here is a very open forum in that the moderator doesn't censor stuff to make the conversation flow a certain way like other forums do. �He seems to be providing a great service of allow free and open exchange where it would be hard for us to ever have met each other otherwise. �

What I can recommend is that anyone who feels personally insulted speak up clearly and quickly as you can do so coherently. �Try to say what you feel and what you need and not say much about the other person. �
"Strangers making terrible predictions about my parenting choices makes me feel like a tornado has formed inside my skull. �My chest tightens because I have enough variables to line up in making decisions that I'm angered when someone uses another persons story to tell me how mine will play out. �I need to be judged in the context of my own life and my own situation. �I need my statements to be interpreted and responded to in the context of knowing vaguely who I was that said it (by spirit if not by name)."

Thank you. �Thank you. �Thank you for letting me let that out after all this time.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar