Looking from another perspective, I have had various experiences in dormitory life across top schools in the US, including experience as a graduate resident assistant.

There are some universities where I would trust any kid age 15 and older, even a girl(!), and others where I would not. The adult support network and the experience that these schools have with younger students is very important. Some schools have the infrastructure in place and some don't.

At the school where I was an RA, we had many students who were starting age 15-18, the girls actually generally did much better than the boys did. One generally didn't remember that they were so young, whereas with the boys it tended to be more obvious. Of course, some of this could be because the boys in our dorm were more likely to have diagnosed Aspbergers. The girls who tended to have problems tended to be the ones who were the average age for their grade.

I went away to public boarding school for gifted kids when I was 15. That was MUCH MORE oversexed than college, apart from fraternity systems.

I can't say what Wren's personal experiences are, but high school boys and college boys tend to be equally oversexed in my experience, but college boys have more self-control. Rape is a serious problem and one that is better addressed on some campuses, high school or college, than others.

I don't have much experience for college students under age 15. We did have kids as young as 13 (all boys) at my boarding high school and they did just fine.