Originally Posted by Val
Just wondering. For those of you with kids who will probably graduate from high school 2+ years ahead of schedule, do you or your kids have ideas in mind for what they'd do next?

Would you let your child go off to college very early? If so, would you let him/her go if the college was close to home or would a distant college or university be okay?

Well, technically mine won't be a high school grad because he is not going to finish highschool. But he is going to college early. By age he would be starting highschool next fall, instead he will be at college fulltime. This is most definitely the right path for him. If I was to do things over again, my only change would probably be to move him up one more year. He was really ready for fulltime university classes this last year.

Originally Posted by E Mama
We are interested in raising a well-rounded young man not just one who excels in reading, math, science etc.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

Originally Posted by E Mama
There are so many things one can study that I do not see the point of having a child, regardless of their intellectual ability, going full time to college.

Everyone is different and everyone follows their own path.

Last edited by CFK; 05/12/11 05:07 PM. Reason: clarity, tmi and I was probably taking offense where none was intended