I was just talking with a mother of DD's classmate and her older son is at Hunter. There is an 1th grade student, who remains at Hunter for social reasons and other stuff, who is one of those PG students they make movies about. His father has PhD in math and cannot do the son' homework. The son has finished the math curriculum at Columbia. He stays at Hunter because all the courses he takes at Columbia, NYU are free. He is almost finished the physics. She did not elaborate what level and she is a very smart chemical engineer.

She told me the father stuggles with the son's homework which he finishes in a blink of an eye. These kinds of kids do need college early because their brains just work that way but now what does he do. He also is a piano prodigy. He can learn a complicated concerto in a week and play it perfectly. It is like Little Man Tate was written about him.

This is not my DD, who is smart enough to be whatever she wants but will not win a Fields' Medal in math for some new theorum.

Ren