Originally Posted by E Mama
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
She has mentioned the idea of working on turning her small business (a low-profit that currently partners with a community non-profit via a fixed percentage profit-share) into an NPO, and/or doing an unpaid internship with the community non-profit to learn some granstmanship, etc.

I love that your DD has her own business! How fantastic. I would love to hear more about it. Would you be willing to start a topic on this. Pretty interesting indeed!

Sorry. I'm not really comfortable discussing specifics of her business model, since it's pretty unique and therefore personally identifying. (Particularly given her media exposure.)

I mentioned it, though, because in kids that have an entreprenurial leaning or are inclined toward community service, this can be a pretty good way of enriching during the adolescent years.

In her case, this was a direct response to (illegally) being tossed out of club athletics due to her disability. She spun her angst and bitterness into gold that does good in her community. I'm pretty proud of that. cool

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.