Originally Posted by Nik
Cricket, please update us in a couple weeks on your progress and observations! I wish I could get DD up early to do yoga, she said its a nice idea in theory but it will never happen, she just isn't a morning person and its all she can do to make it to her 9:30am class already. I think I will step up Karate to 2 or 3 times a week but that is in the evening which may just exacerbate the "up all night" problems! What pills are you using? Can you just cut up the pills and mix them with applesauce or yogurt?
I've been vegan for 22 yrs and the kids are both strict vegetarians (no meat, cheese with rennet, fish, etc.) so our O-3 options are limited and gummies are out since they usually have gelatin. We're trying Minami Nutrition's Vegan DHA which has 300mg of DHA and 20 mg of other O-3s in 2 very small capsules. At this point, one capsule is the most I can get down dd. It is a non-gelatin soft gel which is supposed to be filled with algae based orange flavored stuff, but when we tried popping it into food or drink, dd said it tasted horrible. She did get one down last night without as much of a drawn out process, so I hope that she continues to get better at pill swallowing.

You're probably right about the morning exercise, but we are doing it in the evenings for right now b/c I am usually getting ready for work while she is getting ready for school. I can't go in covered with dog hair and messy, so doing sun salutations and things that require getting down on the floor probably won't work on the days I need to work wink! I figure that evenings are better than nothing.

I'll let you know if any of this helps. It seems that my dh was much more impaired by ADD as a child (and still as an adult) than dd is. He would have driven me crazy as a parent! He didn't and doesn't eat nearly as whole foods of a diet as the kiddos have, though, so I don't know if nutrition might be part of it. Our diet isn't perfect, though!