I wanted to come back and update and ask for suggestions. After a long wait, we finally had a thorough neuropsych testing. I don't have the scores yet, but the neuropsych said that my child was gifted and that his academic testing strongly co-related with his gifted abilities. His processing speed was low, compared to his other strengths. I will update this thread or start a new one, once I actually have the scores.

The neuropsych also said that he does not have ADHD, but thinks that he has Aspergers (even though it is removed from the DSM V), primarily due to a couple of things -- he is very precise and detail oriented , and lacks in perspective-taking. His ADHD like qualities stem from unawareness of/lack of response to other person's agenda. It was termed as its mildest form. Apparently, he is able to function okay in school, as he is always compensating his deficits with his strengths.The neuropsych also told me that considerable time was spent in discussing whether this was just a gifted child, a gifted child with ADHD or a gifted child on the spectrum. The report will also contain recommendations for the school staff/other recommendations.

What I am wondering is how this dual diagnosis will impact my child. Does anyone have a child with this profile ? What worked ? What did not work ? Am I doing my child a disservice by accepting both diagnoses ? I also did ask about dysgraphia - while his fine motor skills are sloppy, he does not meet the criteria, though the neuropsych asked me to keep an eye on it. Any advice/suggestions ?