Thanks, everyone
Polarbear, very helpful as usual. Percy, Dude, Polarbear -- we had a child psychiatrist independently evaluate my child. Clinically or medically, he does not seem to fit into categories like ADHD/ADD, Autism, SPD etc. They said that they are ruling those out, till such time testing yields more data to support some sort of diagnosis (so I can get services from the school). That said, they do see some issues, the psychiatrist said it is mostly due to asynchronousity/lower processing speed (compared to other strengths) and have recommended more testing. I think there is a waitlist for that as well

At the school, his teacher says that regardless of his ability to do well on tests/tasks, she is extremely concerned about his inappropriate behavior (like not sitting at his desk properly, needing to give multiple reminders or redirections before routine tasks etc). It has been indicated that multiple reminders were one of the main issues (for the school) -- as in, that much time is taken away from other kids. The school seems willing to evaluate. My question is should I proceed with both in parallel ? Should I let the school know where we are at the testing process with the private psychiatrist/neuropsychs ? I don't want testing by the neuro-psych to be compromised; at the same time, I don't want my child to suffer for lack of support at school.