Originally Posted by Dandy
Originally Posted by puffin
...nobody needs a house that expensive.
I hope my child grows up and purchases at least one $15million estate in at least three different countries.
V
And perhaps he'll give something away to charity -- which is fine. And 100% up to him.

Along the way, though, I am certain to be more impressed by the countless lives that benefit from his purchase & ownership of the (at least) three estates.

Think of the people he will employ. The woodcarvers, framers, painters, glaziers, gardeners, plumbers, locksmiths, farriers, mechanics, carpenters, electricians, architects, roofers, tile-setters, bricklayers, housekeepers, chefs, chauffeurs, accountants, bookkeepers, tax attorneys, estate attorneys, insurance agents, piano tuners, private tutors, etc., etc., etc.

Ooh -- and if he also owns a private jet. And also a yacht. Think of the countless people that would be helped by the purchase and maintenance of those things that nobody needs?

Charity is great. But providing employment opportunities to those who need things they can't afford ain't too danged shabby either.

Point taken. Where I live a house that expensive would require little more maintenence etc than a house of 2 million because the country is young and the only real difference would be the location. It is unlikely to employ that many people because it would probably be fairly new and would probably only need a gardening contractor. Yes he may employ a chef or other such people but he could also employ them in a $2 million dollar house. Providing money to help someone become a medical professional or a chef etc is probably better long term than employing them as a maid.

Last edited by puffin; 12/23/13 12:40 PM.