Originally Posted by Isaiah09
I don't think daycares are set up to deal with gifted children and they treat each kid like a number. They set up for children with disabilities so I think they need to open their eyes to the needs of gifted children also.
Well, this may be true of many daycares, but not all, so don't give up unless you've already visited all the options open to you. My DS (also a fluent reader at 2) was very happy at nursery (daycare) from 10 months until he went to school. It probably helped that the nursery in question was attached to a university; they were used to - unusual :-) - children, and there were a lot of them in the peer group. However, a lot of what they did could be done anywhere. Lots of outdoor play. Lots of construction toys and crafts. Lots of freedom for children to choose what they were interested in. A frequently changed collection of books, and nobody minding whether children were looking at them or reading them. Practically no academic work. Opportunities for different age groups to mix. My DS got a huge amount out of it, and I'm very glad we sent him. So I just want to encourage you not to assume you won't find something suitable!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail