I just went through this last year, only to find out that my daughter is not ADHD, but gifted and talented. This past week I came across "Dabrowski's Overexcitabilities or Supersensativities in gifted children" and I was blown away by the description that seems to be my daughter!

Now I'm trying to find out what to do about it, as the school has scheduled a meeting with me for this year, and my daughters grades are not being effected.

The main complaints are: She has trouble focusing, forgets to do routine tasks, talks out of turn, dis-ruptive... and now is not doing class work.

I have the same problem , i was called only 2 weeks after school started in august , but i didn't know what i was called to be told that our son is a gifted student . Because for the first 2 weeks of school he's been coming home with notes and his teacher emailed me , same complains that you mentioned , except he doesn't mind doing the school work , the problem is , he complains that everything was too easy and that he wants to keep going and going on working on the pages in the book , until the teacher had to stop him and now she won't allow him to go any further than the rest of the class .. he has to wait which is pretty awful considering he wants to keep going and knows how to do it , but not allowed .

I had him tested for adhd too , and doc said no , the school never mentioned to have him tested for adhd , because the school was the first one who informed me that our son was gifted . I didn't know he was gifted until they told us !!But we did the test anyway just to be sure , the school thanked us for making the time to have him tested although she mentioned she was quite sure that wasn't the reason .

I am trying to remove anything sweet from his breakfast , most of the time it helps , try that too , who knows it might help . For me , hopefully by giving him some challenging stuff now at school will help him .