Originally Posted by doclori
It amazes me that the school sees that he can read fifth grade books, but puts him in second grade for reading. Why don't they put the kids at their level as long as they're agreeing to acceleration in the first place?

I have to agree with you , but i also can understand the school's point of view , from the level maturity , putting him in the 5th grade for reading class probably wouldn't be such a good idea , although he can follow the subject , but he still has a mentality for a 6 years old , he's not mature enough . So i think 2nd grade is a good start , at least it's something .

I am just wondering why the differentiate learning teacher thinks that teaching him the basic 1st grade math ( with a little challenging things ) is a better idea than teaching him what he's capable of . He was tested for math and though they didn't say what level his math is but his teacher said the result was very high , but that particular teacher still thinks teaching them the basic math is still better . Why not letting him do what he's capable of .. i don't understand either .