Originally Posted by jaylivg
Today we took him to the doctor and doctor said he's not adhd child , because the symptoms only appear in school , to have adhd it has to be happening everywhere , not only in school . The doctor agrees that he is a gifted boy .

...His doctor suggested that he should skip grade , so far the school isn't doing too much of anything , but taking him out for an advanced math 3 times a week for 45 minutes , but the rest of the hours at school , he had to follow the 1st grade curriculum .

What would you do if you're in my shoes ?
I think you've gotten lots of great advice. I would ask the Doctor to call the school and tell the school that 45 min x 3 times a week isn't enough, and that a trial gradeskip is needed.

I would also take a look at the home environment. You son might be 'just fine' at home because you are not asking him to live up to the expectations that other 6 year olds can easily live up to. You might be building success into the environment in ways that happen so gradually that you might not notice them. Ask youself, 'If my son had to live at _________'s house, would be able to do it?' about a few of your friends or relatives. Gifted kids can sometimes use their strengths to compensate for ADHD if the environment is quite flexible. Gifted Parents can sometimes use their strenghts to compensate for a child's ADHD if they are willing to be quite flexible.

So it's totally possible that all your child needs is a classroom where the other kids are ready to learn the same things he is ready to learn.

It's also possible that he is both Gifted and has ADHD.

It's time to try a few things and see what happens.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com