Deacongirl, We've used From Emotions to Advocacy for years; it's a great book. Thanks for recommending Owning Up, also.

Sweetie: Every IEP meeting the administration talks about CARD and how they are involved with them, but I do not hear details about their training. Thanks for the reminder.

Bostonian: One episode of verbal taunting is free speech for sure. But it has been going on since the beginning of the year and turned into a group event directed at my son. Whether it can be called bullying or not doesn't matter. I'm glad we found out about it when we did so that we could "give our son permission" to leave that group and find somewhere else to have lunch with. Yes, he is that socially blind that he didn't think to just get up and move to have lunch elsewhere like most kids would. Now that we are aware of it, we are teaching him to be more proactive.

Social skills are his most asynchronous behaviors and it is a continual work in progress. I appreciate everyone's advice and book recommendations. I am not expecting the school to solve my son's social skills woes.

Kate