I'm new to the board--my son tested very high (psych. said he was cognitively at 8 or 9 yrs when he was 2.8 yrs) but he is in a special ed preschool because of behavior and AdHD, sensory disorder, physical therapy. Now he is an odd child who is full of energy, but his energy is too scattered which is why I placed him in this school, but now that he is turning 4, he refuses to do academic things he used to love and he is playing with kids who have very low IQs and imitating them perfectly. He gets frustrated easily and does not live to persevere. In the meantime, He has actually become popular and mothers are calling me for playdates, which would have never happened a year ago! But when I see him with some of these kids, I can't believe it. He loves the preschool--which is 3 or 4 teachers to 10 kids, I mean who wouldn't love it? I am worried he is hiding his talent in order to get along--but I am also worried that maybe he does have severe learning disabilities that I don't know about yet. Any suggestions?