My oldest boy didn't go to school (that preschool thing was 2 hours twice a week for the spring session) until he was in 3rd grade. I did absolutely nothing with him educationally during that time. Occasionally he'd say he was bored and we would put him in public school for 3-4 weeks, then he'd tire of that and we'd pull him out. I know....bad parents. But, the schools in MI, where we were at the time, were absolute h*ll holes. Classes had 2 teachers with more than 50 kids and several paras. They were a joke.

When we moved to another state, we put him in school, 3rd grade and he never looked back. It really is a pretty decent school, though there are lots of academic flaws and he was the only minority (we're a biracial couple) for 3 years!

It is the same school our Mite is going to. Even though he is bored out of his wits, he is happy with it all and we're cool with that.

He did ask me the other day if he could skip to junior high. UGH. I'm just worried how he'll deal with all the assistive technology interventions and being put in the gifted cluster this 3rd grade year. If they'll put him in the gifted cluster. The director of gifted education for the district says he's not keen on putting a special needs student into a gifted cluster because he thinks that is too hard on the teacher!!! ARGH!!

I'd like to meet your doctor. We'd make each other nuts!!! chuckle!

Willa Gayle