I just ordered this book from amazon. ��Your Child's Strengths: Discover Them, Develop Them, Use Them. It was recommended somewhere in the middle of all that poundsign quiestionmark star exclaimationpoint I was reading about Amy Chau's sensational book. (had to say that, it's in a cheesy new country song on the radio. Was waiting for a good chance to use it.)

What I liked about this book I ordered is it says it shows you which motivations apply to your kid in what circumstances and supposedly this lady says she can tell you which motivation to use on your kid according to what your kid needs at that moment. It promotes teaching to their strengths rather than exclusively working on their weaknesses. It's worth a read. I'll try it. We'll see if I learn something new.

"Instead of focusing on weaknesses, Fox submits that children do far better when the focus is on their strengths. Childhood is for "creative dreaming," not preparation for standardized tests. Fox identifies three types of strengths: activity, learning and relationship strengths, and helps parents guide their children toward self-discovery, explaining that true strengths include not only what a child is good at, but what she enjoys and makes her feel strong. "

I think it means some things they learn for pleasure, some for learning sake, and some learning is for other people's sake. Like I said, I don't think I've heard this yet. We'll see.

PS Amy chan: saying pushy parenting is better than neglect does not make it superior. Now if you could produce results superrior to well taken care of children with involved parents you'd have come up with something.
Darn it? That's the best I could do. Yai, yai, yai. That's not evEn a quiestion. And it's already a week past Thursday. The challenge is over. I'm going to dig this thread up next year when I come up with the right Jeopardy answer here. Watch.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar