From what I can tell Wren just has the one daughter who seems to be thriving in an over-privileged urban lifestyle. From what I can tell. I've been bluntly wrong before. But you do bring up a very good point and I forget where I read it but parents run into the most problems when they have a kid who's not like them. It's confusing and leads to mistakes and conflict of a different sort. I haven't read the book, only the Internet buzz. Quite theraputic seeing over 4000 people saying what I said as a child, the ends dont justify the means and cruelty is abusive. But it looks like Mrs. Chain's method seemed to work until the second daughter entered puberty. It worked on one daughter, differently on the other. Seems like strictness often backfires when applied to a stubborn child. And it's debatable if it's all that healthy for the mediocre unambitious child which is the one it seems to serve, especially in a competitive neighborhood. More thoughts on this later, believe it or not lol.. Gotta run.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar