Originally Posted by Dazed&Confuzed
My middle one, was crying immediately after he was born. The nurse brought him over to me and I said "Don't cry, mommy's here." He shut up dry, turned his head, and looked right at me. It really was freaky. Same with my third.

I think this is normal because they recognize your voice while in the womb. They also say songs played or sung to them while you are pregnant make a lasting impression. I tried this when I was pregnant with "In the Jungle" and it really worked. Okay ... it was actually my version of the song with our oldest dog 'Barley' instead of 'Lion' and 'Katelyn' instead of 'Baby'. When she would have complete meltdowns and nothing else was working; all I had to do was start singing "In the Jungle" and she would instantly stop crying just to listen. Even at 3 yrs old she could be off in another room and playing and if I start singing that song she comes running and squeals that that is her song. Her's and her Barley's. Really cute.

Thanks for the story of the 'escape'. It jogged my memory about DD. When she was only a week or 2 old she too was discovered in some interesting places. One time I awoke to find her with her legs dangling out of the crib! That freaked me out, especially since we had one of those stabilizers for her to sleep on. I didn't have the crib bumpers because I had read about possible suffocation issues, but after that scene I ran and got one. I figured if she is able to scoot around like that we had no issue with her strength.