Geomamma: Yeah, eh???

But on the other hand... I was looking at the Womb stories thread too, and I'm currently gestating, so ya know...

We don't know if either of our kids will turn out to be gifted or not, we just know that both parents are, and that the one kid who'se actually been born is being severely underestimated by his grandfather, who has raised at least one PG kid in his time (and two who are at least G, but I don't know details).

I don't even know if DS#2 will be alert as an infant, but DS#1 most certainly was.

What I *do* know is that the two of them are night-and-day different. So much so that it's blatantly EVIDENT at 20 wks gestation. And that siblings are generally not hugely different in terms of intelligence. And that second kids are typically more laid back than firsts.

So right now I'm having a hard time counting on the old wives' tales about active, sleepless, alert babies. I've been known to wonder, though if delayed childbearing could possibly trigger some kind of k/r selection bias where a late first kid demands more intensive parenting on the grounds that it's clear mom ain't gonna have 19 more. If intellegent parents typically delay childbearing for educational and career reasons, and typically have intellegent kids... welll......

Just a thought, with no real basis.

-Mich.

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!