I've only read the last two posts but my kids were the same way. Even my 35weeker was constantly being mistaken for being many months older b/c of how alert he was. My middle one, was crying immediately after he was born. The nurse brought him over to me and I said "Don't cry, mommy's here." He shut up dry, turned his head, and looked right at me. It really was freaky. Same with my third. My first sleep not very much and gave up naps early. My middle was a more typical sleeper. And my third was like my first as far as sleeping. My youngest was also early (36weekder as was my 2nd baby) and she had to be in NICU under the lights for jaundice. THe nurses kept complaining that she wouldn't stay still. They kept finding her in the corner of the basinette. I later figured out it was b/c she was overheating w/ the lights and was moving away from them into a corner. They tried everything to keep her in the middle by surrounding her w/ rolled up blankets but she'd always "escape." I don't know of any of that is atypical but those were mine and others observations.