I couldn't wait anymore.

It is funny, but the longer I waited, I begin to think that maybe my son does have very mild ASD, like Asperger's. The thing that always ruled that out was that he has excellent fine motor skills, and is pretty coordinated.

Add to this, my brother, 2 years my senior, thinks that he has undiagnosed AS.

So I just couldn't wait another week!
I called the school psych today, and was actually surprised that she does not suspect AS at all. She said that this didn't even come up on her radar when she talked to him.

Now of course this is a school psych and not a full on evaluation, but I was so relieved. She said that she thinks that some of his behavior problems and social problems stem from him being "really, really bright."

So here I was, thinking that all the problems stemmed from giftedness, and then I thought that maybe that was just wishful thinking, and I was blinded by my love/pride in my son. So I was open to the idea of AS... and then nope...

She agreed me the report before the meeting, even though it might not all make sense.

I felt really good about the interaction, and was pleased that she just said that she was "one member of this team, where we will come together and try to figure out a plan to best help" my son.

Sometimes it does turn out alright! Hopefully the meeting goes well, but at least I don't have to worry... as much.

There's a star man waiting in the sky he'd like to come meet us but he's sure he'll blow our minds