Kriston, "applesicles" sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try!

Somehow, eating frozen veggies seemed more apparent to me than eating frozen fruit, which is odd, now that I think about it. I'll have to give frozen bananas a try too. Thanks! Hmmm... I have a whole bag of frozen blueberries that I use in my hot cereal in the morning. Maybe I'll have to go snitch one and see how it tastes frozen?

I read an interesting book recently called Twinkie, Deconstucted. It is not only about highly processed food and where it comes from. It applies to almost every food that we eat now, which is rather sad. The book takes the ingredient list for the Twinkie and devotes a chapter to each ingredient, starting with the first ingredient: wheat flour. He goes to the farm where the wheat flour that ultimately ends up in a Twinkie is grown. He describes holding in his hand the bright pastel shades of the wheat seeds encased in a protective shell of Round-up pesticide. He then takes the reader through the process of harvesting the wheat, shipping the wheat off to the grain milling plant, removing the outer bran from the wheat, and then the bleaching that is involved. The next chapter takes the reader to China, where you see the factory where they synthesize from chemicals the vitamins which they add back into the wheat flour. And so forth. Every chapter walks the reader through the entire process of how that particular ingredient is grown or made. It is really an eye-opening view into our world of food.

Mom to DS12 and DD3